Giving through the Foundation
What's the most lasting and best way to give back to your community, Utah, the United Steates or the world? Establish a permanent endowed fund. It is easier than you think.
- Tell us how you want to impact the community. Is there a specific charity or cause you'd like to benefit, or are you leaving a gift that can be used to meet any problem or opportunity in Utah, your town, or communities outside of Utah?
- Tell us how you would like the fund to be named, so that generations from now your fund will still be making gifts in whatever name you choose. Of course, you can also set a fund anonymously.
- Tell us the amount and type of gift you want to make and endow your fund.
The Community Foundation of Utah can accept a wide variety of assets. Making a gift can be as simple as writing a check or as sophisticated as creating an estate plan.
- Outright gifts - We accept gifts of cash, securities, real estate, life insurance, or tangible personal property.
- Deferred gifts - We offer many attractive options to help individuals accomplish specific philanthropic and personal objectives. These bequest vehicles include charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, life insurance or an IRA.
- Options - We accept options from start up companies.
- Special Situations - We work with individuals, families or corporations with special situations such as transferring assets of a private foundation, or liquidating a company.
The Community Foundation of Utah is happy to work with you and your attorney, trust officer, accountant, investors, or other financial advisor to assist you in connecting your generosity with the state we love. You can review the options for giving in detail by reading our gift acceptance policy.
The Community Foundation of Utah takes its role as a philanthropic leader in the community seriously. We work to facilitate new approaches to philanthropy. We take a proactive role in addressing and solving problems by serving as a catalyst on emerging issues. We bring together a broad array of donors, government officials, and nonprofit and business leaders to develop collaborative approaches. We believe the Community Foundation must be a catalyst for growing philanthropy and actively encouraging a spirit of giving.
We offer a wide range of ways to make a permanent impact. Click on any of the fund types to learn more.
- The Utah Fund is a general endowment for the improvement of life in our state.
- Donor Advised Funds give donors the security of skilled financial management, flexibility and control of guiding their gifts.
- Businesses can facilitate their charitable giving though Corporate Advised Funds managed by the Foundation.
- Field of Interest funds facilitate collaborative giving to make a profound impact on complex problems.
- Donors can create restricted endowments to a particular charity.
- The Foundation can help nonprofits establish organizational endowments.
- Scholarships and memorial funds.
To discuss your fund, simply call the foundation at (801) 559-3005.