Endowments give your known donors, and those identified by the Community Foundation of Utah, the opportunity to provide for the future needs of your agency. Placing your fund with us has several organizational advantages:
- Economies of Scale: Your funds will be part of our pool of funds. The Community Foundation's economies of scale provide the benefits of a diverse investment portfolio and low investment fees that typically come only with very large funds.
- Investment Management: To ensure that the Community Foundation's portfolio is managed effectively, our Investment Committee, a volunteer group three some of the state's leading investment managers, establishes investment policies including asset allocation and investment objectives, selects and reviews investment managers and reviews asset growth and performance.
- Fund Management Services: Administrative services provided include accounting, record keeping and automatic grant distributions if desired. You will receive a quarterly financial performance report that includes beginning and ending balances, contributions, investment returns, and distributions.
- Handling sophisticated gifts: The Community Foundation of Utah is able to handle gifts of publicly traded and closely held securities, real estate, planned gifts, options, life insurance and other types of gifts, and can provide the expertise needed to receive these types of gifts into your agency endowment.
- Endowment Building Support: We have an exceptional network of professional advisors, including estate planning attorneys and wealth managers. These volunteers and our professional staff are available to speak with your staff, board members, and donors about gifts and other vehicles to benefit your endowment.
- Visibility: The Community Foundation of Utah has quickly demonstrated its ability to identify new and emerging philanthropists, and to bring an important and long needed service to Utah's philanthropists. Agencies that have endowment funds with the Community Foundation benefit from the exposure to our growingnumberofdonoradvisorsandnetworkofentrepreneursandinvestors. Yourendowmentmayalso benefit from increased exposure to potential donors and the general public, through listings in our publications, press releases, web page, and participation in Community Foundation events.
- Low Cost: There is no fee to establish, transfer, or close a fund at the Community Foundation. The minimumopeningbalanceforanAgencyEndowmentFundis$5,000. ToencourageUtah'snonprofitsto build for their future, the foundation charges no administrative fees until the fund reaches $50,000. Nonprofit funds are assessed an annual fee of 0.5% on balances over $50, 000, with further reductions on higher balances.