Donor Advised Funds
Donor advised funds (DAFs) are flexible funds that allow donors to recommend charitable organizations to receive grants from their funds. They are an extremely popular method for giving because of the flexbility, control and simplicity they offer.
Donor Advised Funds make the charitable giving process more simple and the work of investing more meaningful.
- We can help you receive the greatest tax benefit from gifts of cash, public or restricted stock, real estate, limited partnerships, and more.
- You can create or add to your Fund whenever it makes the most sense for you financially, qualify for tax benefits immediately, and decide later what you would like to accomplish. DAFs provide more generous tax breaks than family foundations and none of the legal, accounting and administrative hassles.
- We manage your fund. We conduct required due diligence on charities, take care of all the paperwork, and make sure you have all the information you need at tax time. All funds are part of one investment pool, leveraging your fund's investment power with others.
- Our volunteer Investment Committee includes some of Utah's most respected fund investors who are dedicated to growing the assets of our community.
Establishing a fund is easy and cost effective
- Setting up your fund can be accomplished in less time than it takes to open a bank account. We take care of all administrative and grant-making activities. We help you accomplish your charitable goals while saving you precious time and money. You can name your fund as you wish, allowing for as much or little recognition as you and your family desire.
- Funds can be established with as little as $5,000. The 1% administrative fee charged by the foundation stays in Utah to support our state's nonprofit organizations.
- We offer highly personal services and support to make giving even more satisfying.
- If you need help finding a charity that meets your objectives, we do the research. Our expertise can lead you to effective, innovative organizations and strategies you wish to support. You can be assured that your charitable donations are going to solid organizations, and we take care of all the necessary paperwork.
- You can access your fund on line any time, recommend grants and see where you dollars have been invested, how your fund has grown, and the assets to continue your charitable work.
Giving is easy and straightforward with no surprises in the fine print. Speak to Hilary Wilson, our Donor Relations Manager at (801) 559-3005 or download the DAF form and our policies here.