This fund was established to provide a scholarship for a student who is a first-generation convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) or have parents that have join the Church in the student's lifetime. Students must already be attending or plan to attend an LDS affiliated school, including BYU-Provo, BYU-Hawaii, BYU-Idaho, LDS Business College, or Southern Virginia University or attend a non-LDS affiliated school and be actively engaged in the local LDS institute program.
Application Available Online: March 09, 2017
Application Deadline: April 20, 2017 at 5:00pm
Award Amount: $500-$1,000
To qualify for this scholarship award you must:
- must be e a first- generation convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or a child of parents who joined the Church during your lifetime
- be admitted or attending an LDS affiliated school including, BYU- Provo, BYU-Hawaii, BYU-Idaho, LDS Business College, or Southern Virginia University (proof required) or be actively involved in an LDS Institute of Religion program at a non-Church affiliated school,
- have a GPA equal to or higher than 3.0, be able to provide proof of LDS Church involvement.
(*graduate students are not eligible)
Be prepared to submit the following documents:
- LDS ecclesiastical endorsement
- financial aid documents (optional)
- acceptance letter from eligible college/university or proof of application
- current transcript with GPA