The purpose of the Equality Leadership Fund scholarship program is to further the education or training of a student who has demonstrated leadership in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) rights movement.
Application Available Online: February 16, 2017
Application Deadline: April 7, 2017 at 5:00pm
Award Amount: $1,000- $3,500
To qualify for this scholarship award you must:
- be a resident of the State of Utah
- have and maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average (GPA) while receiving the scholarship
- show leadership regarding rights and recognition for LGBTQ people
- demonstrate financial need
- be admitted to or attending a two or four-year public or private accredited college, university or vocational/ or technical school as an undergraduate in the state of Utah.
(*Private for profit, online and other similar institutions are not eligible. Awards are not granted for graduate study or to satisfy student loans.)
Be prepared to submit the following documents:
- letter of recommendation
- financial aid documents
- acceptance letter from eligible college/university or proof of application
- current transcript with GPA