The Community Foundation of Utah is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit that connects people, resources, and causes to create meaningful, lasting change for all of Utah.
Our mission is to harness Utah’s entrepreneurial spirit in service to the common good through smart philanthropy.
What We Do
We strengthen Utah’s philanthropic community, working together with individuals, businesses, government entities, and not-for-profit organizations to create positive change in our state. We provide:
- Effective giving tools to our donors. Learn more.
- Valuable grants to not-for-profit organizations. Learn more.
- Visionary leadership around the most pressing needs of our community. Learn more.
- Founded: 2008
- Grants Awarded in 2016: $4.9 million
- Grants Awarded Since Inception: $33.7 million*
- Historic Assets: $80.5 million*
- Charitable Funds: 243*
- Tax ID - 74-3211770
*As of December 31, 2016
What is a Community Foundation?
The first community foundation was founded in Cleveland, Ohio in 1914, heralding the rise of a new form of collective, community-focused philanthropy. Until our establishment in 2008, Utah was the last state in the nation without a statewide community foundation. Today, the Community Foundation of Utah is part of a network of over 700 community foundations nationwide.